- Complaints Resolution
- Debit Order Authority
- Policy Wordings
- Rates and Benefits
- Conflict of Interest
- Disclosure Notice
So now that you have decided on getting all your fur kids covered, let’s get us and most importantly you covered.
Kido Pet will do everything in our means to protect your personal information and that of your pets. We adhere to Section 51 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002. Personal information is any information provided by you to us. It will only be used to provide your pet/s with the best pet insurance cover and to improve on our service to you and your pet/s. We will not disclose any personal info without your authorisation or unless we are required to do so by law.
While we have measures in place to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee this protection from any websites you might reach through links on our site or 3rd parties from intercepting this information. We are also unable to stop the use of “cookies” while you are on our site.
Information on our site is to guide you with which cover would best suit you and your fur kids’ needs. If you would like financial advice with which cover is best suited to your current needs we recommend you contact us per email at firstname.lastname@example.org to chat to one of our representatives.
An agreement of sale comes into effect on completion of a purchase of our product on our website. You will have confirmed that you have seen and read all documents on our Legal Page and understand what is and isn’t covered for your pet/s on this product.
Payments will be made by Debit Order on a monthly basis for which you will have given us authorisation after entering your banking details when taking out a policy for your fur kid/s with us. The onus lies with you to inform your bank if you suspect any unauthorised activity on your account.
Kido Pet reserves the right to change, remove, update or add to our Terms & Conditions and website from time to time without notification. The use of our website once changes have occurred shall be notice of your acceptance to these updates.
Content on the Kido Pet Website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors for which if any damages or losses were to occur through the use of our site we shall not be held liable for. Should there be any discrepancies between our website and our wordings, our wordings or your Pet Policy will take preference.
Kido Pet’s Website and the Content may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, resold, visited or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express prior written consent of Kido Pet or the Owners.
By accessing our website you agree to be bound by our Terms & Conditions (Legal page) which may be updated without notice. If you don’t wish to be bound by these Terms & Conditions then don’t access or use our website in any way. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have any queries.
2 October 2017
Kido Pet Insurance takes complaints very seriously. We will endeavour to identify the reason for the complaint swiftly in order to come to a satisfactory outcome and to avoid this same complaint in the future. Legally we are required to keep all records, including complaints, for a minimum period of 5 years.
What we need from our clients:
Please send us your complaint in writing. You can either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you send it by post or courier please make sure you keep a record of the proof of delivery.
We will need the following information from you:
- Name and surname, Contact number, Email address
- Detailed description of your complaint including any supporting documents
- What you expect the outcome to be
Kido Pet’s preferred method of correspondence is by email and we will reply to you by this method.
Once we have received your complaint the following will occur:
- We will acknowledge receipt thereof within one working day
- If the complaint is not relevant to Kido Pet we will let you know the reasoning for this and try to refer you to the right body. If it is valid it will be noted in our Complaints Register.
- The complaint will then be investigated by our staff and feedback given within 21 days with full reasons.
- Additional information may be requested from you within this time frame and if more time is needed to investigate the complaint this will be made known to you.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the complaint you can contact the FAIS Ombud for Financial Services Providers, Ombudsman for Short Term Insurance or seek your own legal representation.
- If a claim is rejected and you disagree with the reasons provided you will need to do the following:
- You have 90 days from the date the Letter of Rejection was sent to make representation to us
- If still no mutual resolution can be found you may take legal action
- A summons must be served within 180 days from the 90 day expiration
- You have 6 months to refer an unresolved matter to the Ombud or Ombudsman
Contact Details for the Ombud / Ombudsman Offices
Ombudsman for Short-Term Insurance
Sunnyside Office Park
5th Floor, Building D
32 Princess of Wales Terrace
Tel: 011 726 8900
Eastwood Office Park
Tel: 0860 324 766
Agreement with Kido Pet Insurance
I hereby authorise Kido Pet Insurance utilising the services of an approved Data Bureau to draw against my account for an amount as determined and agreed in my Policy/Contract with Kido Pet Insurance on a monthly basis from inception of our Policy until termination by either party. This Authority may be cancelled by me by giving Kido Pet Insurance 30 (thirty) days notice in writing, but I understand that I shall not be authorised to any refund of amounts which Kido Pet Insurance may have withdrawn while this authority was in force if such amounts were legally owing to Kido Pet Insurance.
I agree to pay any Bank charges relating to this debit order instruction and also understand that each withdrawal will be reflected on my Bank statement and identified by a code “Kido” or “SIS” or “Penrisk”.
Receipt of this instruction by Kido Pet Insurance will be regarded as receipt thereof by my Bank.
Click here to download the Kido Pet Insurance Policy Wordings document.
Click here to download our Rates & Benefits document.
Click here to download our Conflict of Interest management policy.
Click here to download our Disclosure Notice document.